Our state of the art Ultrasound Scanner generates colour and 3-D images which can be put onto a cd or transmitted via internet to other healthcare facilities.
We offer a wide range of ultrasound tests. The following ultrasound scans all require referral from your doctor or consultant. Some ultrasound tests can also be requested by your physiotherapist or chiropractor.
• Abdominal - including paediatric studies
• Gynaecological scans, including transvaginal
• Vascular – including scans for investigation of Deep Vein Thrombosis and Varicose veins.
Self-referral ultrasound scans.
It is now also possible to self-refer for screening of the carotid arteries and the abdominal aorta. The reasons for having a carotid artery ultrasound scan are:
• Family history of stroke or heart disease
• High cholesterol
• Recent stroke
• Known coronary artery disease
An ultrasound scan of the aorta is recommended if there is a family history of an abdominal aortic aneurysm – known as an AAA.
If you would prefer to have a female practitioner perform your scan, please inform us at the time of booking your appointment.